Set up the method of payment for collecting fees during booking. Invoices are automated, commission-free, and totally straightforward for you & your clients.
In this article we will cover the following:
- Setup the method of payment
- Collecting session fees
- Configuring Packages
Set up the method of payment
From your account page, under the Collecting Session Fees section, click the "Edit Payment Options" button:
You can connect your own Square, Stripe or Paypal account to start collecting session fees online:
- Stripe. Click "Connect with Stripe" to sign in to your Stripe account
- Square. Click "Connect to Square" to sign in to your Square account
- Paypal/Venmo. Click "Connect with PayPal" to sign in to your PayPal account. You can add PayPal to either Stripe or Square to accept both during booking
Paypal / Venmo important note
With PayPal enabled, clients can pay you using their Paypal account, Venmo or with a debit/credit card.
Please note: Since Venmo is part of PayPal, with PayPal enabled, we can provide a way for your clients to pay with their Venmo app and the funds go to your PayPal account. For your clients to see the Venmo button, they need to be on a mobile phone with the Venmo app installed. Venmo transactions are subject to the standard PayPal base rate of 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction fee. PayPal will also decline transactions for accounts that are not verified PayPal business accounts.
We have had some reports of clients not able to successfully pay using Venmo when using an internal app browser such as through the Facebook, Instagram etc. If this happens, you can ask them to try opening up your booking page on their native mobile browser and try again.
Collecting session fees
In this section we will go over creating packages and settings fees. This method of creating packages and setting fees works for all the types of sessions in the software.
Let's go over each one of the 7 elements of the Packages & Fees section of a session (or Session Type):
- Fee Collection. You have three options: Collect Partial (retainer), Collect the entire fee during booking, Collect entire fee outside of Session
- Collect remaining balance outside of Session. If you choose to set a retainer, you will have the option to collect the remainder offline
- Add Tax. If you have set a tax % in your Payment Method (see above steps) you can choose to collect tax for this particular session (or Session Type) or not
- Are you offering packages? You have two options: No, Yes
- If you choose no, you simply set your total session fee (step 5) and Retainer (step6)
- If you choose Yes, you will have to configure each package separately (see next section), including fees, and deliverables
- Total Session Fee. The total session fee including the retainer (if applicable)
- Retainer. The amount you want to collect during booking
If you choose to offer package, you will have to create and configure each one individually:
- Choose Yes
- Title your package, set the total fee, a retainer, a description and the deliverables
- Click the "Done" button
Once you click Done, you will be able to add your next package.
Please note that clicking Done, does not save your progress. You must click the "Save" button at the bottom of your window.